UMANG (Integrated Mobile Application for New Age Governance) e-governance was considered for "mobile first". It was developed by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (MEETY) and the National e-Governance Department (NGD).
It is a developer platform that provides Indian citizens with access to PAN-INDIA eGoLal services from central, state, local and government agencies, applications, web, SMS and IVR channels.
- Integrated platforms: To provide better and easier services to the citizens, they bring together all the ministries and their services on one platform.
- Mobile First Strategy: With the first mobile strategy to take advantage of trends in mobile services, it connects all government services.
- Integration with Digital India Services: This support provides uninterrupted integration with other India digital services such as Diglokar and Pegov. Such a new service will automatically be integrated into the platform.
- Similar experience: It will enable citizens to easily find, download, use and use all government services.
- Secure and Scalable: This service supports access to base-based and other authentication mechanisms. Sensitive profile data is stored in encrypted format and no one can see this information.
UMANG makes easy use of Indian government services for healthcare, finance, education, housing, energy, agriculture, transport, benefits and employment and skills.
Major Benefits for Citizens:
- Omnipresent access: All public services available to citizens on the integrated platform for easy access by many online and offline channels (SMS, e-mail, application and web).
- For more: In every section, instead of every application, only one mobile application needs to be installed.
- Feature: When more services are added to the platform, citizens do not need to re-install or update the application to take advantage of government services.
- Savings of time and money: Citizens can use these services at any time, at any time in the department section with their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops and at any other time in the queue.
- Similar experience: All government services, including payment transactions, offer safe and similar experience.